Sapphire Bend RV Resort, a seasonal park on the Bitterroot River. Under contract September 1 at $5.85M with a 45-day feasibility period that has no extension mechanism.
$150,000 earnest money, refundable until October 16. Bank loan at 65%.
Para 7B(2) has no extension. Silence after 5:00 pm closes the window.
Seven still with the seller. Five of them are asked for again in this week's email.
The OM markets 84. The county license and the septic permits don't support that.
| UCC search | Two filings against the seller entity, an equipment lease and the operating line. Both release at closing. |
| Septic records | State permits pulled for all four systems. Combined design capacity covers 64 sites. |
| Phase I | Engaged September 28. Site visit with the owner interview booked for October 2. |
| Vendor contracts | Seller answered all six. Four terminate at closing, two need a buyer decision. |
| Diligence | Nine items in this week: three years of P&Ls, reservation data, the well log and the water rights abstract. |
| Fri Oct 29:00 am | Survey crew and Phase I site walk. Owner on site. | Para 6, 8 |
| Wed Oct 7 | Phase I report. The firm holds it until the invoice is paid. | Para 8 |
| Fri Oct 165:00 pm | Feasibility. Written notice to proceed, or the contract ends and the deposit comes back. | Para 7B(2) |
| Fri Oct 23 | Title and survey objections due. Loan commitment due the same day. | Para 4, 6 |
| Fri Nov 13 | Closing. The season ends October 31, so the park closes empty. | Para 10 |
Items 3, 5 and 6 decide whether we can give notice to proceed. If the site count isn't settled by October 14, the safe move is notice to terminate with an offer to re-sign at a price for 71 sites. Silence ends the contract, and the deposit comes back.
| Item | Asked | Chased | Status |
|---|---|---|---|
| 2026 year-to-date P&L by month | Sep 3 | Sep 17, Sep 30 | In seller email |
| Reservation data, 2023 to 2025 | Sep 3 | Sep 17 | Partial, 2025 only |
| Septic pumping and inspection logs | Sep 10 | Sep 30 | In seller email |
| Employee roster and seasonal wages | Sep 10 | Sep 30 | In seller email |
| 2027 deposit ledger | Sep 24 | Sep 30 | In seller email |
| Personal property list | Sep 24 | Sep 30 | In seller email |
| Floodplain determination | Sep 21 | n/a | Ordered from title |
Good week on third party reports. Here is where it stands and what we need from you.
Title commitment
Received September 21. Two exceptions to review: an irrigation ditch easement along the river and an old access agreement with the neighbor. We'll send our comments by Monday.
UCC search
Two filings, both releasing at closing. We recommend widening the search to the prior entity ($180). Okay to proceed?
Survey + Phase I
Both on site Friday at 9:00. The survey engagement still needs your signature, so please sign by Friday.
Site count
The OM says 84 and the license says 71. The septic permits cover 64 with full hookups. We need your call on which number the bank should see.
Dates ahead
Oct 2 site walk · Oct 7 Phase I · Oct 16 feasibility, 5:00 pm · Oct 23 objections and loan · Nov 13 closing.
Why it's split. The buyer gets the decisions and the risks. Nothing in it should reach the seller, including the site count question.
Thanks for the nine items this week. Five are still open and the buyer's feasibility period ends October 16, so we'd like them by Tuesday, October 6:
Friday
The surveyor and the Phase I firm arrive at 9:00. The Phase I needs about 30 minutes with you for the owner interview.
Dates ahead
Oct 16 feasibility · Oct 23 objections · Nov 13 closing.
Why it's split. The seller gets a short list with a date and nothing to negotiate against. Each item is named the way they file it.
| Workstream | Owner | Last touch | Next | Status |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| Title | Title officer | Sep 29 | Exception comments to buyer, Oct 5 | On track |
| Survey | Surveyor | Sep 30 | Engagement signed, field Oct 2 | Needs signature |
| Environmental | Phase I firm | Sep 28 | Site visit Oct 2, report Oct 7 | On track |
| Financing | Bank | Sep 30 | Guarantor package Oct 7, committee Oct 14 | Waiting on buyer |
| Insurance | Agent | Sep 18 | Bind by Oct 18 | Waiting on buyer |
| Seller diligence | Listing broker | Sep 30 | Five items by Oct 6 | Chased twice |
| Buyer | Two-park operator from Idaho, buying through a new Montana LLC | via buyer broker |
| Buyer broker | Casey Lindgren, Gallatin Land & Commercial | (406) 555-0163 |
| Seller | Founding family, operating since 1998 | via listing broker |
| Listing broker | Jamie Okafor, Bitterroot Commercial Group | (406) 555-0122 |
| Title and escrow | Regional title agent; holds the earnest money | Title officer |
| Lender | Montana community bank, 65% loan to value | Loan officer |
The tracker is a live sheet shared with Casey. This update goes out every Thursday morning, and a second one goes out the day before any deadline.